The work you put into a film, photograph, video or any other type of digital media can be extensive and time consuming. If you’re pouring your soul into your project, you want to get the most out of whatever medium you are working with. Those finishing touches that bring your work from good to amazing happen in the post production. This is the time when all the hard work you have put into your project pays off and you get to see the big picture, the finished product.
The following processes are highly important during this phase of production:
- Video editing including cuts, mashes, edits and an edit decision list (EDL)
- Visual special effects such as computer-generated imagery (CGI)
- Color correction or changes
- Transfer of color motion picture film to another format in a color suite
- Writing, editing, recording and re-recording of any soundtrack additions
- Sounds effects, sound design and other various sound re-recording with high-end audio hardware and software
With so many additions and changes to be made, these processes have been known to take longer than the initial creation of a film or video. Editing is frequently referred to as a type of second directing of a film. For this reason, ensuring the post production processes go as smoothly as possible is of utmost important. You can’t predict the future, but you can prepare for it with equipment that can get your production where it needs to be. Buying top of the line equipment for all of your post production needs starts at MelroseINC. Los Angeles is a big city, but with three locations MelroseINC is always close by with trained professionals and a variety of high-end equipment to help you find the right product for you.
Any questions about post production products, equipment or techniques? Feel free to fill out our quick and easy online contact form or give us a call at 323-937-4600.